CANSkate is Skate Canada’s flagship learn-to-skate program. CANSkate is 45 minutes long and ideal for Children ages 5 to 13 years old.
Arctic Edge is also offers a learn to skate program that caters to skaters who are 5 years old or younger and is based on the same principles of CANSkate. The focus of this class is to teach skating within a relaxed & fun atmosphere for younger skaters. Groups are kept small, so that as much individual attention as possible is given to young skaters. The classes are 30 minutes in length.
The details for the 2019-2020 program is available in our newsletter: Canskate Newsletter 2019
THE BEST CURRICULUM
- A complete series of balance, control and agility skills taught in six stages of learning that pertain to hockey, ringette, speed skating and figure skating as well as general recreational skating.
- Designed for 90% movement so skaters learn in an active and fun group setting.
THE BEST COACHES
- Nationally certified coaches trained specifically in teaching the mechanics and proper technique of skating.
- Coaches are assisted by trained program assistants.
- Ensures a 1:10 coach/program assistant to skater ratio or lower.
THE BEST START
- Skaters progress at their own rate and coaches make sessions active using teaching aids, upbeat music and a wide variety of activities that create a motivational environment and promote learning. Badges, ribbons and other incentives are used to benchmark skaters’ progress and reward effort and participation.
- Introduces a healthy, lifelong activity at an early age.
- Promotes fun, fitness and participation.
All Skate Canada CanSkate skaters must provide and wear a CSA approved hockey helmet on the ice. Bicycle helmets are not permitted.