Senior StarSkate program is for skaters working on Star 4 and Up related figure skating jumps, spins, skills and dance. There are also two addtional programs being offered this season:
- High Performance – for skaters interested in more skating sessions and off-ice opportunities, this program is being offered in place of the pre-competitive program.
- Recreational/Synchro Skating – for skaters who like to work in a team environment, without the additional pressures of assessments or competitions.
Keep reading for more details about all these programs!
SENIOR STARSKATE PROGRAM DELIVERY
- The program is instructed by our trained Skate Canada professional coaches.
- The fees include practice ice time and one group lesson per session.
- Skaters skate a minimum of two skating sessions per week.
- The group lesson will be 15 minutes for all afternoon sessions. There will also be 15 minutes of supervised practice during the dance and skills session on Tuesdays where skaters are guided and rotated through for short duration dance lessons.
- Thursday morning sessions are open to senior skaters for additional private or semi-private lessons. No group lessons are offered during those times.
- The Saturday Intermediate/Senior sessions are open for additional private and semi-private lessons. No group lessons are offered during those times.
- Skaters are required to take private or semi-private lessons with coaches to supplement group lesson instruction. Semi-private and private lesson fees are not included in the schedule and are payable directly to the coach. Skaters not interested in receiving semi-private or private lessons can register for the Recreational/Synchro skate – See below for more information on this program.
- One StarSkate coach will be your main point of contact for your child’s programming and other skating related questions. You will receive a welcome email from your contact coach after you register your child for the senior program.
- Assessments, competition opportunities, off-ice classes, simulations as well as other special events are available throughout the year. Additional club and coaching fees may apply to these events. Registration for these activities will be announced throughout the year.
- Off-ice classes are optional for seniors skaters and mandatory for high performance skaters.
- Sessions start September 5, 2023 and end April 25, 2024. See attached schedule and fees below.
HIGH PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITY
The High Performance program is for skaters interested in more skating sessions and off-ice opportunities. Skaters in the high-performance program must skate all weekday senior afternoon sessions and a minimum of one morning session (Tuesday or Thursday morning). They must also sign up for off-ice harness lessons (when available), off-ice dance lessons (which will be offered at the Northern Lights Studio), and other group off-ice programming. More information to come on the off-ice programs. High Performance replaces the pre-competitive program offered last season.
The recreational/Synchro skate program is for skaters interested in team skating, without the pressure of assessments and competitions! SynchroSkate offers a team component to the sport of figure skating. Often characterized by speed, intricate formations and challenging step sequences, it is a great way to build skating skills in a team environment.
SynchroSkate will be offered to all skaters who are 12 years and older on Tuesdays from 5 pm to 6 pm. The session will include 45 minutes of group instruction and 15 minutes of open practice time. There will be no Star assessment or competition opportunities in this program. However, there will be opportunities to showcase skills and formations learned throughout the year to parents, family members and friends.
Skaters in the regular senior or high-performance program who also want to try team skating are welcome to sign up for the Recreational/SynchroSkate program as well.
SENIOR STARSKATE SESSION FEES
For details about fees, start and end dates, and session times: Visit our registration page: https:\\arcticedge.uplifterinc.com
Overal Club Schedule: 2023/2024 Schedule
Sessions are held at the Canada Games Centre. Payment plan of four installments is available in our registration system if you opt to pay with a credit card.
** Note: sessions times on Mondays in September will be from 6:00 to 7:00 pm**
SKATE CANADA FEE
All skaters must be registered with Skate Canada and pay an annual membership fee. This fee covers a full year of skating from September 2023 – August 2024. The Skate Canada and administration fee of $59 is non-refundable and is added to the session fees in the registration system at checkout.
There are no regular skating sessions on the following days:
|Wednesday September 6, 2023
|Monday October 9, 2023
|Tuesday October 31, 2023 (afternoon only – morning ice is available)
|Saturday November 4, 2023
|Saturday November 11, 2023
|Monday November 13, 2023
|Tuesday November 14, 2023 (afternoon only – morning ice is available)
|Wednesday November 15, 2023
|Thursday November 16, 2023 (afternoon only – morning ice is available)
|Saturday December 2, 2023
|Christmas Break: Dec. 22, 2023 to January 6, 2024
|Saturday February 24, 2024
|March Break: March 11, 2024 to March 23, 2024
|Monday April 1, 2024
DEADLINE TO REGISTER
Register by Friday August 18, 2023. Visit our registration page: https:\\arcticedge.uplifterinc.com
Registration spaces are offered on a first come first serve basis. Program and sessions are subject to a minimum and a maximum number of registrants. Please register on or before the deadline. If registration is full, please add your name to the waitlist. We may be able to increase capacity or offer a space to your skater after the registration closes or after the program commences. Arctic Edge Skating Club reserves the right to change programming if there is insufficient enrolment.
If you require assistance, please email the club and the club administrator will assist you with your registration.